Making your dental experience more comfortable
If the idea of visiting the dentist makes you uncomfortable, then sedation dentistry might be the solution to ensure you get the dental care you need. Through the use of sedation dentistry, Dr. Elrod has helped hundreds of patients throughout Lake Jackson and beyond achieve a better smile.
Sedation dentistry is designed to make you feel more comfortable during your treatment so you can receive the dental care you need to put on your best smile. But it’s not just for people who are afraid of the dentist. Sedation dentistry might be right for you if:
- Going to the dentist makes you nervous or uncomfortable
- You’ve had a bad experience with another dentist
- You have difficulty getting numb
- You have an extremely sensitive gag reflex
We offer several types of sedation dentistry to meet your individual needs and preferences:
- Nitrous oxide (laughing gas): A sedative gas mixed with oxygen that you inhale during your treatment to feel more relaxed. Nitrous oxide is a mild form of sedation that wears off within minutes.
- Oral sedation: An oral medication taken before your treatment that makes you feel calm and at ease by the time of your appointment.
During your initial visit with us, Dr. Elrod will explain each type of sedation dentistry to help you determine the best option for you. No matter what, we’re committed to making your dental care as comfortable and effective as possible.